Energy is essential in this sleep-deprived, high-speed, modern world. Here are 5 simple ways to recharge your batteries and increase productivity and energy levels. If your energy reserves are running low, consider implementing a few of these recommendations over the next few weeks and see how you feel:
- Optimize your sleep. Getting the right amount and quality of sleep is critical to staying energized, mange stress, accelerate learning and memory recall. Eliminate as much light as possible from your bedroom as light interferes with the body’s circadian rhythm thereby interfering with sleep. Also keep a cooler temperature, ideally below 20 degrees celcius.
- Get your body moving – exercise. Implement at least 20 minutes of cardio exercise at least 4 times a week. By expending energy on a regular basis, you actually boost your energy levels. Do it regularly but do not push yourself to the point of exhaustion.
- Slow down and do less. Evaluate your to-do lists and list down your priorities. Get rid of the less important items. Schedule leisure time for yourself. Stress from any source is an energy zapper, and will have an adverse impact on your general health.
- Eat meals over snacks. By maintaining a ‘real’ food approach with quality nutrients to your body, to increase your long-term energy levels. Focus on protein, good healthy fats, high-fibre vegetables and nuts into your diet to maintain balanced blood sugar levels, and keep insulin low. This enhances your brain function and mental focus, while also training your body to utilize fat as fuel instead of relying on a fake sugar fix for sustainable energy.
- Cut out energy zappers from your diet. Fluctuations in blood sugar can cause plummeting energy levels. Decrease or cut out refined sugars from your diet. Caffeine intake should also be limited to the mornings. Overuse of caffeine especially in the afternoons will lower energy levels after they give you an initial kick. It’s what we call ‘fake energy’ – there are 5 other ways you can increase your energy without any external substance or food. Want to know what they are?
It’s not rocket science, and as with all our success clients who work with their personal trainer here at Aspire in Bangkok. And our international coaching lifestyle clients we work with all over the world. It’s about doing the simple things right more consistently. Or what we call the 95/5. Focus on the 5% of FUNDAMENTAL systems that give you 95% of the result.
Now if you have work with personal trainers before, whether you ar ein Bangkok or somewhere else globally, we can guarantee your success.
Drop a dress size or 2
Loosen the belt
have more energy
Take control of your mindset
Build SYSTEMS for Life.
Make it happen and be your BEST SELF.